CDU Express is a Windows program for uploading logged data from Control Display Units (CDU's) which are operated with the following products:
- Model 001 Current Meter
- Model 002 Current Meter
- Model 801 Current Meter
- Model 104 Current Meter
- Model 105 Current Meter
- Model 106 Current Meter
- Model 108 Mk3 Current Meter
- Model 308 Current Meter
- Model 602 CTD
- Model 600Mk3 CTD
- Model 604 CTD
- Soundbar SV Probe
- Soundbar 2 SV Probe
It allows direct communications between the Control Display Unit and a PC running any version of Windows. Although the program was originally written in a Windows 3.11 environment, it has been modified and tested on all Windows operating systems up to and including XP.
There are various reasons for us to issue upgraded versions of software, which commonly include:
- Improved Functionality (e.g. additional display features)
- Increased Diversity (i.e. added instrument compatibility)
- External Influences (e.g. Y2K, new Windows Operating System)
- Fixes for Internal Bugs & Errors
As far as possible, any new version of the software will be backwards compatible, i.e. it will work with an instrument manufactured before the software was written. You should therefore have no problems with upgrading your software to the latest version, regardless of the age of your instrument; note that it is our policy to not publish specific details of the contents of each upgrade, although this information may be made available to you on request.
Finally, some important points to note about the download:
- The file you are downloading is a self-extracting zip file, containing all the files required to perform a full installation. Since this is a *.exe file, you should check that you are not violating any of your company regulations by downloading an executable file. You have our assurance that the executable file was created on a virus-free system.
- The installation of the software requires certain files to be placed in your Windows\System directory. If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, you should ensure that you have full administrator rights, or the Windows Operating System will not allow files to be placed in this location.
- When you click the link below, you will be asked where you wish to save the zip file. Once the file has downloaded, extract the executable and run the installation executable to install the software.