DataLog Pro is a Windows program for use with the following products:
- MIDAS ECM (Multiparameter versions)
- Model 606 / MIDAS CTD Multiparameter CTD
- MIDAS 400 Customised Logger
It will also work with these products, although much of the functionality in the software will not be required:
- Model 606 / MIDAS CTD Profiler
- Model 650 Mk2 / MIDAS SVP
- Model SVXtra / MIDAS SVX / MIDAS SVX2 Combined SVP / CTD
- Monitor CTD
- Monitor SVP
- MIDAS ECM (Basic versions only, with Speed, Direction and optional CTD & SV sensors)
- MIDAS WLR Seabed Tide Gauge
DataLog Pro allows direct communications between the instrument and a PC; although the program was originally written in a Windows XP environment, it has been tested on all Windows operating systems from 98SE up to and including Windows 7.
There are various reasons for us to issue upgraded versions of software, which commonly include:
- Improved Functionality (e.g. additional display features)
- Increased Diversity (i.e. added instrument compatibility)
- External Influences (e.g. Y2K, new Windows Operating System)
- Fixes for Internal Bugs & Errors
As far as possible, any new version of the software will be backwards compatible, i.e. it will work with an instrument manufactured before the software was written. You should therefore have no problems with upgrading your software to the latest version, regardless of the age of your instrument; note that it is our policy to not publish specific details of the contents of each upgrade, although this information may be made available to you on request.
Finally, some important points to note about the download:
- The file you are downloading is a self-extracting zip file, containing all the files required to perform a full installation. Since this is a *.exe file, you should check that you are not violating any of your company regulations by downloading an executable file. You have our assurance that the executable file was created on a virus-free system.
- The installation of the software requires certain files to be placed in your Windows\System directory. If you are running Windows 2000, XP or Vista, you should ensure that you have full administrator rights, or the Windows Operating System will not allow files to be placed in this location.
- When you click the link below, you will be asked where you wish to save the zip file. Once the file has downloaded, extract the executable and run the installation executable to install the software.