DataLog Express is a Windows program for use with the following products:
- Model 606 / MIDAS CTD Profiler
- Model 650 Mk2 / MIDAS SVP
- Model SVXtra / MIDAS SVX / MIDAS SVX2 Combined SVP / CTD
- Monitor CTD
- Monitor CTD+
- Monitor SVP
- MIDAS ECM (Basic versions only, with Speed, Direction and optional CTD & SV sensors)
- MIDAS WLR Seabed Tide Gauge
- Thru-Hull SVS
With the exception of the "mini" product range, the products listed belong to the Valeport "400 series" instrument range, which has a host of features that allow the user very detailed control of the instrument calibration, data format and sampling setup. However, most of these features will not be required by the vast majority of users, so DataLog Express is an easy to use interface, created to allow you to collect data in the most common modes, and extract and view it with ease. Users who wish to explore the full functionality of the instruments, or users with more complex multiparameter instruments, should instead use the DataLog Pro software.
DataLog Express allows direct communications between the instrument and a PC; although the program was originally written in a Windows XP environment, it has been tested on all Windows operating systems from 98SE up to and including Windows 7.
There are various reasons for us to issue upgraded versions of software, which commonly include:
- Improved Functionality (e.g. additional display features)
- Increased Diversity (i.e. added instrument compatibility)
- External Influences (e.g. Y2K, new Windows Operating System)
- Fixes for Internal Bugs & Errors
As far as possible, any new version of the software will be backwards compatible, i.e. it will work with an instrument manufactured before the software was written. You should therefore have no problems with upgrading your software to the latest version, regardless of the age of your instrument; note that it is our policy to not publish specific details of the contents of each upgrade, although this information may be made available to you on request.
Finally, some important points to note about the download:
- The file you are downloading contains a complete software installation wizard. Since this is a *.exe file, you should check that you are not violating any of your company regulations by downloading an executable file. You have our assurance that the executable file was created on a virus-free system.
- The installation of the software requires certain files to be placed in your Windows\System directory. If you are running Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, you should ensure that you have full administrator rights, or the Windows Operating System will not allow files to be placed in this location.
- When you click the link below, you will be asked where you wish to save the zip file. Once the file has downloaded, extract the executable and run the installation executable to install the software.